Sodexo’s K-12 Market is in search of a Human Resource Manager 2 for KIPP School System located in Houston, TX. This HR leadership role will support and oversee all HR/Training/Staffing functions for 28 full-service locations . The selected individual will be the primary contact for over 100 employees in the areas of conflict resolution and employee advocacy. He or she will also support the operations manager at each account in meeting all requirements in hiring and employee documentation.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Provides HR counsel on business initiatives
• Management of HR plans, programs, and systems.
• Ensures compliance with Sodexo employee relations program.
• Oversees programs and ensure compliance with Sodexo policies and procedures and Federal, State, and Local laws regarding human resources.
• Manages and administer HR programs.
• Maintains records and reports necessary to comply with Company, government, and accrediting agency standards, regulations, and codes
• Ability to influence and negotiate with operators.
• Counsels managers and employees regarding the impact of labor and regulatory laws (e.g., FMLA, EEO, ADA).
• Provides coaching and mentoring that includes developmental plans, training, resources, and opportunities.
• Builds and develops a robust candidate pool through recruitment and succession planning.
• Ensures compliance with diversity and inclusion metrics and scorecards.
In addition to offering a great opportunity, this position also provides a competitive salary, great benefits…and so much more!!
Take a sneak peak at how SODEXO can contribute to your well-being by visiting our Benefits Center!
Keywords: Human Resource; K-12; School Distrcit; HR Manager; Recruitment
Handles human resource functions and administration for single unit/account. May include payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, recruiting, safety, etc. Position focuses on hourly workforce.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR plans, programs & policies. Education managers and employees on policies and procedures. Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures. Knowledge of and oversees all Federal, State and Local laws regarding human resources.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues and recommend resolutions, based on policy, as appropriate. Involve those necessary based on incidents; HR People Center, legal, etc. If applicable, management of union employees; understanding of all contract rules/policies and management of arbitration. Involvement of contract negotiations.
- Provide direction to managers and employees on implementation of HR plans, programs, policies, and training. Act as the primary consultant on various HR initiatives.
- Serve as the HR consultant and work with operations to positively impact business.
- Perform due diligence for new business initiatives to determine the appropriate HR plans, programs, process, and tools (including compensation, benefits, leadership, staffing, diversity & inclusion) based on financial and legal exposure.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year of HR experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.