Sodexo School Food Service is seeking a Food Production Manager to work in a school district located in Holyoke, MA, that has USDA meal programs at 24 sites including, elementary, middle, high and charter schools.
***This is a GREAT entry level management opportunity***
The Food Production Manager will assist with managing district /union front-line staff of 90+. Serve as the Safety Coordinator, handle payroll, partner with the district HR on employee relations, assist with catering as needed.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing in a union environment, has excellent communication skills, high energy, some culinary experience with HACCP. Fluent in Spanish is a plus.
This position offers the potential for career growth and the opportunity to make every day a better day for school children in this District.
Connect, Search and Apply all on the go with the Sodexo Jobs App! Available for smart phones and BlackBerry devices Click HERE.
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a medium facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.