Sodexo is seeking a Food Production Manager 2 for Troy University, located in beautiful Southeast Alabama.
** RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE! **
Our dining facility features a unique 2 story dining room with 13 restaurant collection serving stations with options such as a Full service Wok bar, Simple Servings ( an allergen free area), Bellatratoria (made to order tossed pasta), Vegan/Vegetarian, Basic Kneads bakery, Salad bar w/ Tossed Salad option, Grill, Deli, & Pizza as well as an Upscale Faculty & Staff Dining Area. Reporting to the Executive Chef, our Food Production Manager will be responsible for all food ordering, inventory management, vendor compliance and other duties as assigned.
Ideal Candidate Skills:
Inventory management & on-line purchasing
Compliance of food safety, sanitation, & workplace safety standards
Experience in training and developing staff and coordinating customer service programs
Culinary background & hands on food production experience
BOH leadership – to manage and mentor kitchen staff: Food Safety focus a must with Training in HACCP.
Strong computer aptitude
Exceptional organizational skills
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a medium facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.