Job #71085 - Sodexo is seeking a Food Service Manager (II) for the Weinberg Campus in Buffalo, NY; not far from the University of Buffalo. This is a 700 Resident Senior Living Retirement Community that provides Independent Living, Assisted Living and Skilled Residents with exceptional dining services.
In this position, you assist the management team with front of the house and back of the house operations in multiple locations on Campus. Responsibilities include; food production for resident dining, catering and food retail services, inventory, on-line ordering, food & workplace safety and sanitation, HAACP protocols, employee training & development, food & labor cost controls. This position is hands on at times as you work with staff in the kitchen and the dining venues and interact daily with residents and clients to provide exceptional customer service and program enhancements.
Your Skills Checklist for this position;
Servsafe Certified and knowledge of HACCP monitors
Skills to: interview, hire, train, schedule, and develop union employees
Front of the house upscale dining and wait staff training experience
Senior Dining and customer service background
Computer skills; food & labor management systems
Experience with cash management & café services
Ability to manage in a multi-site campus location
Schedule; 6am-3pm / 11am-8pm with rotating weekends and holidays.
Residents are the heart of everything we do and we welcome you to join our team!
Weinberg Campus; http://www.weinbergcampus.org/About-Us/
Getzville, NY; http://newyork.hometownlocator.com/ny/erie/getzville.cfm
Sodexo Benefits at a glance; http://bit.ly/12E1uUf
Sodexo - A world leader in Food and Facilities Management Services http://www.sodexousa.com/usen/careers/careers.aspx
Connect, Search and Apply all on the go with the Sodexo Jobs App! Available for smart phones and BlackBerry devices http://m.sodexo.jobs/jobs_app.htm
Provides supervision for multi-functional food service areas at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit through the implementation of Sodexo programs while executing against Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and customer satisfaction for multi-functional food service areas to ensure account retention and positive public relations
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards
- Utilizes Sodexo resources and programs to ensure operating standards and regulatory requirements are met and employees have the necessary equipment and inventory
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate in order drive a high-level of employee engagement
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.