Grow your career in a Management position with Sodexo! Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef at a beautiful Boutique Senior Living Community !
Sodexo currently has a job available for an Executive Chef to join our Food Service Team for a Potential Sale in Marin County, CA. This position will report directly to the General Manager and works closely with the management team on menu development, resident relations, employee training, and innovative dining activities at this outstanding account.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Oversees food service production and service for resident dining and catering for this quality driven environment.
- Oversees all aspects of the inventory, purchasing, cost analysis, cost controls, safety and sanitation.
- Responsible for scheduling and meeting the labor cost goals for this account.
- Leads, directs and trains employees to continually improve performance and customer satisfaction;
- Manages all dining events with enthusiasm while providing hands-on guidance during resident and client functions in order to produce outstanding dining experiences.
- Manages the Sodexo Food Management System (FMS), and all Sodexo goal check standards.
- Provides ongoing training and coaching to the dining team, including Sodexo required training.
- Responsible for growing relationships with key client contacts as well as collaborating with the client and Sodexo management team on achieving annual operational projects and goals.
- Ensures compliance with Sodexo quality standards.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards at all levels.
- Drives resident satisfaction through offering superior food quality.
Ideally, qualified candidates will have the following experience:
- Strong culinary experience desired.
- Experience with food service operations in restaurant, hotel or senior living environment is desired.
- Demonstrated experience supervising a food service team and exceptional human resource and supervisory/management/training skillset.
- A strong production culinary background, ideally in an upscale food service setting.
- Menu planning and design experience and an understanding of fine dining, special diets and allergens.
- Background in catering, including menu planning, food production, and food presentation.
- Ability to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers at all levels. This position will have direct resident and client contact.
- A Focus on food consistency and quality and ability to positively impact resident satisfaction through food presentation and quality.
- Ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a fast paced environment.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts.
- Ability to creatively and effectively problem solve and manage projects as well as take on additional duties as needed.
- Ability to be flexible with schedule, as this position will require working some weekends and holidays.
- Experience in resort, retirement community, country clubs or restaurants is ideal.
- Excellent computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills.
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits.
Sound like the opportunity you've been waiting for, Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Connect with this recruiter on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Please visit the Sodexo Network with Us page and consider signing up
for our Career Connections eNewsletter.
Take a sneak peek at how Sodexo can contribute to your well-being: http://bit.ly/yPf9G.