From the Gulf of Mexico to the Arctic Ocean and from the Pacific Coast to the Atlantic, Sodexo provides Quality of Life Services that support the needs of our clients in the Energy & Resources market segments, reinforcing client operations in both onshore and offshore environments.
Sodexo Energy and Resources is seeking a Multi-Service General Manager to provide oversight for food service, housekeeping and laundry services on a BP oil rig, which is accessed by helicopter from a heliport in Houma, Louisiana. Reporting directly to the District Manager, this manager will have oversight of 9 to 10 non-union, Sodexo-paid, hourly employees and will typically work a schedule of two weeks on/two weeks off with accommodations being provided on the oil rig. Additionally, this is a working manager position and this manager may need to pitch in, as needed, in the galley or with some of the cleaning/laundry responsibilities.
Food service management will involve oversight of staff in a galley kitchen where a five-week cycle menu is produced, feeding 90 to 100 persons on board. Oversight will include a day cook, night cook, baker and utility staff working in the galley.
Housekeeping management will involve the oversight of staff that cleans the cabins and common areas throughout the oil rig. Oversight will include utility workers who perform the cleaning functions.
Laundry Management will involve processing the laundry and linen for 90 to 100 persons on board. Oversight will include utility workers who process the laundry.
Primary Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
**Ensuring a safe work environment on this oil rig is of paramount importance and will be a #1 priority for this General Manager. An understanding of the basics of the oil and gas industry and the oil rig environment is a must.**
Successful candidates will demonstrate experience, success and proficiency in the following areas:
For more information on Sodexo Energy & Resources click here!
Sodexo - A world leader in Food and Facilities Management Serviceshttp://www.sodexousa.com/usen/careers/careers.aspx
Connect, Search and Apply all on the go with the Sodexo Jobs App! Available for smart phones and BlackBerry devices http://m.sodexo.jobs/jobs_app.htm
Functions as the leader for multiple core services, in a single account and/or multiple locations within the same contract. Single point of contact and/or client liaison in support of business that in total is $5 million or less in managed volume.
- Monitors operations by planned and unplanned visits to each operating account of the system to plan projects, implement new processes, client interactions, and new technology to ensure sufficient resources.
- Develops business plan and budget w/each account GM that supports the System and District goals – Reviews and analyzes financial statements and data and other financial information to ensure attainment of financial goals for both the client and Sodexo.
- Central Point of Contact for Client Liaison promoting a solid business partnership - assists in contract negotiations for the system.
- Maintains Quality & Company Standards – reviews and maintains reports to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and Sodexo / System Client(s) policies and procedures.
- Responsible for system succession planning/employee development/diversity initiatives/training/constructive counseling. Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
- Provides strategic leadership to the respective units within the system to maintain client satisfaction and retention
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.