Relocation Assistance Available!
Catering Manager 4
Sodexo Universities Dining has an opportunity for a highly motivated Catering Manager 4 for Olivet Nazarene University located in Bourbonnais, Illinois (located 45 miles south of downtown Chicago). Campus food operations include resident dining, retail dining, catering, concessions. The account also has extensive camps in the summer and is privileged to be the **Home of the Chicago Bears Training Camp**.
As the Manger of Catering, you will be overseeing an innovative, high-end catering program for high-profile clients as well as oversee the day-to-day catering scheduling/technical delivery of all catering. In this position, you will be charged with creating casual, elegant and sophisticated catering experiences that exceed culinary and service expectations while enhancing client program objectives. The Catering Manager oversees, one catering supervisor and one full-time catering employee and a large staff of student workers and or temporary staff.
Reporting to the Operations Manager for Retail and Catering, the ideal candidate will have:
"We Believe You Belong Here" - Check out Olivet's campus at: http://www.olivet.edu/
Bourbonnais, Illinois - Chamber of Commerce: http://www.kankakeecountychamber.com/
Provides supervision for catering services at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Oversees a highly complex and high volume of catering sales and functions in excess of $1.5M in managed catering volume.
Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through the implementation of services and creation of opportunities for growth. Plans projects, including defining objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo's strategic plan.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in catering, food production, or food service management or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.