Are you looking for outstanding opportunity for career growth?
Currently, Sodexo is seeking an organized, detail-oriented Food Production Manager 3 to be the key driver of the culinary process at USMC Camp Pendleton, CA at mess hall 210802.
The Food Production Manager 3 must have large volume food production experience and be a true “foodie” with attention to taste, presentation and customer service. The United Sates Marines have high level food service expectations and this account will require the Sodexo staff to deliver exceptional food service. Within Government Services, contract compliance is critical; safety and customer service is a high priority, as extensive audits and surveys are conducted at each unit on weekly basis. Sodexo offers innovative and healthy concepts while keeping to a strict profit and loss financial statement.
This long standing partnership with the USMC offers an innovative Dining Program supporting the USMC towards their mission to train recruits to begin their career as United States Marines. Mess Hall 210802 has three serving lines, supporting four concepts. This Mess Hall serves up to 3000 meals a day.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Food Production Manager 3 will lead the culinary team with planning, organizing and managing the daily food production. The Production Manager will be responsible for managing the culinary operations including ordering, training and weekly inventory.
Qualifications for the Production Manager include:
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a large facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.