We’re currently seeking High Performers, with a proven track record, for a high profile, large volume Food Operations Manager 3 position in Houston, Texas. This position will report directly to the Senior Area General Manager, and will be responsible for leveraging Sodexo systems, financial outcomes and patient satisfaction for the food and nutrition services at this flagship medical center campus. This 850-bed acute care hospital is ranked #2 in Houston and #24 in the nation for Cardiology and Heart Surgery by US News and World Reports, and is home to the Texas Heart® Institute, a world-class cardiovascular research and education institution.
In this highly visible lead role, you will direct and participate in all the daily food contract operations including oversight of our At Your Request-Room Service Dining® patient meal delivery program in addition to supporting retail operations, catering and aspects of the culinary operation. The ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with client, hospital staff and consistent proven success of developing and managing a team are a must. This is an ideal role for someone who is passionate about wellness and nutrition and who is looking to gain exposure and help us grow our campus over the next 3-5 years, an RD is preferred.
Responsibilities include: Working with unit financials and budgets, HR functions, payroll, strategic planning, special projects, marketing, training, cash management, quality assurance and regulatory compliance, direct client interaction and supervision of approximately 100 employees. We are looking for a leader to raise the bar for patient satisfaction, retail satisfaction and customer service standards with experience in AYR, project management, cost containment and monitoring, management team development, food management controls, staffing engagement and development with a focus on accountability and service.
The ideal candidate:
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Assumes General Manager’s (GM) responsibilities and authority in his/her absence
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.