Sodexo is seeking an experienced Catering Manager 2 for our Universities segment account in Lafayette, LA. Join UL-Lafayette's Louisiana Spice Catering Team. Our Director of Catering will need to build clientele, streamline services, and make our catering team one that standouts in the Lafayette community. UL Lafayette sits aside one of the largest swamps on any campus in the United States, with beautiful views from all angles. Cajun cuisine is the local specialty here in Lafayette where gatherings, festivals and events abound. If you are an individual looking to recruit the best talent, build an allstar team, and grow your career this is the job for you!
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.