Sodexo Education is seeking a Food Operations Manager 3 to assist with opening and managing a food and nutrition program within a large Public Charter School System. Our Food Operations Manager will be based out of Houston, TX. This role will oversee food service operations at 7 schools, providing excellent client relations and coaching a staff of food service workers that serve breakfast, lunch, and catering to students and staff daily.
The Food Operations Manager works with the General Manager and clients in all matters relating to the National School Breakfast and Lunch Programs and Food Management for the contract. The Operations Manager will direct day to day operations of our dining facilities.
The ideal candidates have the following:
Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter with stellar communication skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment. Experience managing a food service team in an education setting is preferred.
s this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Sodexo is one of the largest employers worldwide and prides itself with great work-life balance opportunities. Sodexo is a stable company offering robust benefit packages for its employees. Come join an industry leader and be part of making everyday a better day with Sodexo! APPLY TODAY!
Keywrods: #LI; NSLP; Child Nutrition; Houston; K-12; Food Service
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Assumes General Manager’s (GM) responsibilities and authority in his/her absence
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.