The Catering Manager will oversee Catering department and Conference Services – events ranging from basic catering, to summer conferences, to high-end plated dinners to banquets, specialty events and fundraising events. Looking for a creative, food focused Catering / Banquet manager with talent for presentation who is detail oriented, offers great customer service focus, and strong communication skills. ** RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE! **
The ideal candidate will:
Sound like the exciting catering/event management opportunity you have been waiting for? APPLY TODAY! Join the Sodexo team at Virginia Wesleyan University - https://www.vwu.edu/about-us/conference-and-events/
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.