Sodexo is seeking an experienced Catering Manager 2 for Jamestown University – a dynamic student centric University in Jamestown, ND. The Catering Manager will oversee university Catering, Concessions and a Convenience Store / Coffee Shop.
Are you the experienced food service manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who can:
The ideal candidate will have the following:
Why Sodexo at Jamestown University?
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Catering Manager to further develop their management skills, working with a strong client relationship and a long term contract in place. One of Jamestown’s finest attributes is its small-town atmosphere offering a family-friendly, safe community where everyone knows everyone else. Jamestown is a place adorned in charm. The city is nestled between two rivers, the James and the Pipestem, providing numerous outdoor recreational opportunities. For more info on Jamestown University and its community - visit www.uj.edu/community
** RELOCATION Assistance is available for this opportunity! **
Sound like the job you have been looking for? APPLY TODAY!
Oversight of catering activities for a medium to large size location/unit with less than $1.5M in managed catering volume. Complex events with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering solutions. Large amount of high profile events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.