Are you a Banquet Manager tired of working weekends?
Are you an Banquet Manager who also has or desires food service management experience? Sodexo has a great opportunity for you!
Sodexo Corporate Services is looking for a Food Operations Manager 1/Banquet Manager to join our team at the Federal Reserve Bank is Boston MA. The current food landscape at the bank consist 1 corporate cafe, a sit-down restaurant on the 31st floor that looks over the Boston Harbor, and catering operations which include catering for conference rooms and meetings.
The Food Operations Manager 1/Banquet Manager manages the Harbor Dining room restaurant that is open M-F from 11am to 1:30pm. In addition, the Food Operations Manager 1/Banquet Manager will oversee the delivery, set-up and breakdown of events. Events are primarily M-F events range from coffee drop offs, continental breakfast, lunch buffets, The location also hosts roughly 50-60 catered evening events per year (cocktail receptions, buffet dinners, plated dinners, etc.).
This position offers a traditional Business and Industry, predominantly Monday through Friday schedule. No weekends, 9 paid holidays. Accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation per year (first year pro-rated based on date of hire). Medical Benefits beginning date of hire, and 401K with company match eligible. Sound like the opportunity you've been searching for? Apply today to grow with Sodexo, a world leader in Quality of Life Services!
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.