Human Resources/Security Manager
Sodexo Government Services has a fantastic opportunity with for a high-profile Government Services account in Northern Virginia. We are seeking for a highly passionate, experienced, organized, and disciplined individual with a strong commitment to serving people to join our team in northern VA as a Human Resources/Security Manager.
Security clearance will be required, which will include a polygraph interview. US citizenship is required.
This highly visible position will hold a dual role making the ideal candidate one of unique quality and ability to navigate in a political environment and have Union Experience.
The ideal candidate must be politically savvy in regard to verbal and written communication to high level clients. He or she must also be highly organized with a strong demonstrated mature business acumen.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Handles human resource functions, up to complex issues and administration for single or multi-unit/account(s). May include payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, recruiting, safety, etc. Position focuses on hourly workforce and may or may not include union accounts.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR plans, programs & policies. Education managers and employees on policies and procedures. Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures. Knowledge of and oversees all Federal, State and Local laws regarding human resources.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues and recommend resolutions, based on policy, as appropriate. Involve those necessary based on incidents; HR People Center, legal, etc. If applicable, management of union employees; understanding of all contract rules/policies and management of arbitration. Involvement of contract negotiations.
- Provide direction to managers and employees on implementation of HR plans, programs, policies, and training. Act as the primary consultant on various HR initiatives.
- Serve as the HR consultant and work with operations to positively impact business.
- Perform due diligence for new business initiatives to determine the appropriate HR plans, programs, process, and tools (including compensation, benefits, leadership, staffing, diversity & inclusion) based on financial and legal exposure.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 2 years in HR
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.