Job # 74116 - Sodexo is seeking a Food Operations Manager (I) for The William Breman Jewish Home in Atlanta, GA. This is a Five Star 96 Resident Skilled Nursing Facility located close to Atlanta’s third- largest park; Memorial Park with friendly neighborhoods centered around recreational activities; it’s a straight shot northbound along Northside Drive to Buckhead, or head south and you’re in Georgia Tech and Midtown.
In this role, you oversee food production and service, Sodexo systems and standards, conduct one on one and group training, monitor food & kitchen safety and sanitation, set up and deliver catered events. Position assists the management team with schedules, food & labor costs controls, some inventory & ordering, and resident satisfaction.
Your Skills Checklist for this position:
Management training, a Servsafe Certificate
Healthcare / Kosher kitchen experience is ideal
Experience with hands on food production and catering
Working knowledge of HACCP monitors for Regulatory compliance
HR skills for the management of 24 employees
Computer skills; Food & Labor Management Systems
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks is essential
Work place safety training and self-audit experience
Schedule varies between 6am & 8:30pm time frame with shared weekends & holidays
Residents are the heart of everything we do and we welcome you to join our team!
The William Breman Jewish Home in Atlanta, GA https://www.wbjh.org/
Sodexo Benefits at a glance; http://bit.ly/12E1uUf
Sodexo - A world leader in Food and Facilities Management Services http://www.sodexousa.com/usen/careers/careers.aspx
Connect, Search and Apply all on the go with the Sodexo Jobs App! Available for smart phones and BlackBerry devices http://m.sodexo.jobs/jobs_app.htm
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.