Sodexo is seeking a talented and experienced Catering Manager 2 to round out an outstanding management team at Northampton Community College in Bethlehem, PA.
Northampton Community College (NCC) is not a typical Community College. While there are a large number of commuters, NCC has a resident dining program for 550 boarders. Catering ranges from small continental coffee services, high end presidential catering and Foundation events. The college continues to grow each year and is very progressive in academic growth. The college just celebrated its 50th anniversary, and Sodexo has been the only food service provider on campus. We have an excellent relationship with our client.
The catering manager reports to the General Manager and works closely with the Executive Chef, catering team, culinary team, marketing team, and supervisors to coordinate the day to day management of event operations.
The Catering Manager assists with pricing, menu costing, and billing as needed. Works with clients/customers to arrange and follow through on all catering details and to ensure all special requests are met. Maintains composure in difficult situations. Follows up with clients for feedback after events. Hires, schedules, trains and develops catering staff. Maintains employee and vendor relations to run a successful catering operation. Ensures all HACCP safety protocols are strictly followed by all employees. Establishes operating standards, implements and communicates quality improvements to employees. Meets deadlines and deliverables. Demonstrates eagerness, enthusiasm, optimism, passion, and integrity on the job.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and will have/be:
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.