Sodexo is looking for a talented Catering Manager at The University of New England located in Biddeford Maine and Portland Maine to oversee all Catering Operations. Seeking a visionary, innovative leader who has previous Catering management experience who can manage a large, complex multi-unit account, has strong P&L/financial acumen, sustainable dining and culinary understanding. A strong emphasis will be placed on client and customer engagement, strengthening the catering operations and growing catering and conference business.
The successful candidate will have direct impact on all catering operations including two campus Biddeford and Portland.
The ideal candidate will have:
Responsibilities for this culinary leader's role will include VIP catering menu planning, client interaction, food forward presentation skills, food prep, inventory management, purchasing, food & labor costing, scheduling, safety/sanitation & employee training. This position will also have direct customer and client interaction.
The ideal candidate will:
We are committed to enhancing the learning environment on campus through world-class food services and we welcome you to join our team in this exciting career opportunity.
Provides supervision for catering services at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Oversees a highly complex and high volume of catering sales and functions in excess of $1.5M in managed catering volume.
Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through the implementation of services and creation of opportunities for growth. Plans projects, including defining objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo's strategic plan.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in catering, food production, or food service management or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.