Sodexo is seeking a Food Service Operations Manager 2 for Troy University, located in beautiful Southeast Alabama. This is a high volume dining account with over a 2300 students on meal plan. Our dining facility features a unique 2 story dining room with 13 restaurant collection serving stations with options such as a Full service Wok bar, Simple Servings (an allergen free area), Bellatratoria (made to order tossed pasta), Vegan/Vegetarian, Basic Kneads bakery, Salad bar w/ Tossed Salad option, Grill, Deli, & Pizza as well as an upscale faculty & staff dining area.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, this position oversees a talented team of 70 - 80 employees and 2 salaried managers within the operation. Position leads the management food team with a strong focus on; service, standards, training, systems, programs, and client excellence. This position will require strong organizational skills, with ability to manage multiple priorities, lead teams in planning, production and service, excellent leadership skills and the ability to interact with customers, clients and all levels of the organization while successfully implementing Sodexo programs and standards.
Ideal Candidate Skills:
** RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE WITH THIS POSITION!! **
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.