Sodexo Government Services is seeking an experienced Executive Chef 2.
The Executive Chef 2 will be responsible for BOH operations to include but not limited to inventory, production, HAACP, safety and ordering and overseeing production and presentation of food. The Executive Chef 2 will have administrative responsibility over staff training, scheduling, and menu planning. This is a hands on position where food safety and presentation are extremely important.
We are looking for candidates who will:
*Train and mentor kitchen staff to higher standards
* manage the daily food production (including production planning and controls)
* ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards (including recipe compliance and food quality)
* manage food costing, controls and compliance
* have high expectations for customer service and quality of food
The ideal candidate has:
* a strong culinary background and Culinary Degree
* excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies
* previous experience working in a high volume facility
* strong management skills
* a focus on food safety/sanitation and physical safety (ServSafe certification is required)
Do you believe that “one must not eat to live, but must live to eat?” Do you see yourself as forward thinking, passionate, and part of a dedicated team who strive each day to do the right things? Do you consider yourself to be highly guest service oriented and believe we are here to teach others about great foods and service while delivering such - then this will be the right place for you to grow your career and apply your skills by joining the Sodexo Government Service Dining Team!
Security clearance will be required, which will include a polygraph interview
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.