Sodexo is looking for an energetic and polished Catering Manager to join our team at the Federal Reserve Bank Atlanta located in Midtown Atlanta. The catering manager will drive the catering program including fine dining and day-to-day catering needs. This position requires attention to detail, customer service skills and the ability to create strong customer relationships. Good organizational skills are a must.
Monday to Friday
some late evenings as needed
This Catering Manager 2 will oversee the high-level catering program, as well as oversee the day to day scheduling and technical delivery of catering events. Manages all catered events; Though the majority of events are breakfast and lunch, the location hosts approximately 60 catered evening events per year (cocktail receptions, buffet and plated dinners). The catering manager hires, schedules, and trains catering staff. Works with clients/customers to arrange and follow through on all catering details and to ensure all special requests are met. Directs setup for events. Responsible for pricing, billing and resolving customer complaints & develops menu/costing. This position will work closely with the Client Event Management Services, Sodexo General Manager and executive chef.
The ideal candidate should have
At Sodexo, we strive to make working for our company a great experience. We offer a wide array of employee benefits aimed at improving the quality of daily life for all of our employees. Take a sneak peak at how Sodexo can contribute to your well-being: http://bit.ly/yPf9G. Apply TODAY!
Connect, Search and Apply all on the go with the Sodexo Jobs App! Available for smart phones and BlackBerry
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.