Sodexo Corporate Services is looking for a Catering Manager 3 to join our team at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston MA! Dana Farber Cancer Institute is in the heart of the Longwood Medical Center area in Boston, MA.
The Catering Manager 3 will be responsible for the catering and patient services. The managed catering volume is 1.1 million and clinic services is around 1 million in cost. It is high demand and high-profile account.
As the Catering Manager 3 you will direct and participate in all the end to end catering operations which can range from the very casual to high-end plated events as well as support the out-patient meal program. 70% of the catering is the day to day catering consisting of coffee drop offs, continental breakfast, lunch buffets for meeting and trainings. 30% of the catering is high end catering consisting of plated dinners, receptions and other events.
Responsibilities will include: meeting with client/customers to determine catering details, menu selection and pricing, scheduling of staff, ordering of supplies, training, oversight of actual set-up, ensuring that all special requests are met, billing, invoicing, ensuring timely lunch deliveries and direct supervision of 10 nonunion hourly associates (may go up-to 20 hourly associates for major events).
Oversight of catering activities for a medium to large size location/unit with less than $1.5M in managed catering volume. Complex events with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering solutions. Large amount of high profile events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.