Currently, Sodexo has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Food Services Manager 3 to oversee the Resident Dining services at Academy of Art University – an urban college campus throughout San Francisco, CA with over 12,000 students. Academy of Art University Dining Services manages all food, beverage, catering and vending operations on campus at The Academy of Art University in San Francisco. This Food Services Manager 3 oversees one of 3 residence halls – the IHouse Café - which serves all you care to eat - specializing in varied cuisines, made-to-order food to about 600 students daily. This position manages Front and Back of the House, about 45 employees, including supervisors and assistant managers.
The ideal candidate will:
Why Sodexo at AAU?
Sodexo’s partnership with AAU began in 2004 with just Café Rodin. Today, Academy of Art University Dining Services employs over 120 people that serve over 1,100 students every day through three residential dining cafes and two
retail cafes. AAU Dining Services’ catering department provides catering and event services for over 250 special events throughout the year including the Spring Show and the Fashion Show as well as for third party clients through San
Café Rodin at 1055 Pine Street and iHouse Café at 860 Sutter street are traditional all you care to eat cafes specializing in various cuisines. 620 Café at 620 Sutter features made to order created dishes that can easily be ordered through the FOD (Food on Demand) touch screen system. Our Retail locations, Café Dior at 625 Polk Street and 180 Café at 180 New Montgomery Street, offer coffee, refreshments and Sodexo’s Simply to Go program for those students on the move.
Provides supervision for multi-functional food service areas at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit through the implementation of Sodexo programs while executing against Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and customer satisfaction for multi-functional food service areas to ensure account retention and positive public relations
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards
- Utilizes Sodexo resources and programs to ensure operating standards and regulatory requirements are met and employees have the necessary equipment and inventory
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate in order drive a high-level of employee engagement
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.