Sodexo is seeking a Director of Food and Nutrition (Sodexo title:Senior Area General Manager) overseeing the Food and Nutrition Services Department at Sharp Grossmont Hospital in La Mesa, CA.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest healthcare facility in East San Diego County. Patient care is delivered with kindness and empathy backed by medical excellence and advanced technology. Sharp Grossmont is part of large six hospital system. As Sodexo considers Quality of Life to be a key factor in individual and collective performance, Sharp embraces a culture of employee wellness that is focused on balanced health and wellness to help you reach your health goals and enjoy life along the way.
To meet California requirement, candidates need a Background as Registered Dietitian, Diet Technician Registered, Certified Dietary Manager or have a Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics, Nutrition or a similar B.S. degree desirable.
We are searching for a candidate who will deliver an excellent dining experience to our patient, retail and catering customers.
The ideal candidate:
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who benefit from it and contribute to it. We remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
The ability to communicate in Spanish will assist in managing the workforce.
Functions as the in-unit leader for multiple accounts and/or contracts within a defined geography. Single point of contact and/or client liaison in support of a multi-site.
- Monitors operations by planned and unplanned visits to each operating account of the system to plan projects, implement new processes, client interactions, and new technology to ensure sufficient resources.
- Develops business plan and budget w/each account GM that supports the System and District goals – Reviews and analyzes financial statements and data and other financial information to ensure attainment of financial goals for both the client and Sodexo.
- Central Point of Contact for Client Liaison promoting a solid business partnership - assists in contract negotiations for the system.
- Maintains Quality & Company Standards – reviews and maintains reports to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and Sodexo / System Client(s) policies and procedures.
- Responsible for system succession planning/employee development/diversity initiatives/training/constructive counseling. Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
- Provides strategic leadership to the respective units within the system to maintain client satisfaction and retention
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years work experience in facilities (e.g., maintenance, plant operations, engineering services, grounds, custodial/environmental, or transportation) or food (e.g., food services or operations, concessions, retail sales, store operations, or vending) services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.