Job #75065 - Sodexo is seeking a Food Service Manager (II) for The Presbyterian Residential Community in New Hartford, New York. This is a 96 Resident Adult Living / Assisted living Community with an Adult Day Care program. We are located just outside of Syracuse on a nature preserve, only 2 miles to Clinton.
In this role; you manage the daily operations of the kitchen and dining venues, supervision & training of 17 employees, hiring, scheduling, food & labor costs controls, food production, menus, catering, quality standards, the HACCP process, monitors food safety, sanitation, and quality standards per DOH and Sodexo. Position works enthusiastically with employees to create amazing Resident Dining Experiences! This is a hands-on position with a strong focus on hospitality as you interact daily with residents and develop employees for amazing dining experiences and work to prepare for yearly state inspections through frequent self-audits.
Your Skills Checklist for this position:
Formal management training, a Servsafe Certificate
Food ordering, production, and catering experience
Financial skills for food & labor cost controls
HR skills; schedule, train and supervise 17 employees
Working knowledge of HACCP for regulatory compliance
Background in menu planning for Senior Living is ideal
Typical Schedule; 8am-5pm with some weekends & holidays based on events
Residents are the heart of everything we do, and we welcome you to join our team!
The Presbyterian Home https://www.presbyterianhome.com/
Sodexo Benefits at a glance; http://bit.ly/12E1uUf
Sodexo - A world leader in Food and Facilities Management Services http://www.sodexousa.com/usen/careers/careers.aspx
Connect, Search and Apply all on the go with the Sodexo Jobs App! Available for smart phones and BlackBerry devices http://m.sodexo.jobs/jobs_app.htm
Provides supervision for multi-functional food service areas at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit through the implementation of Sodexo programs while executing against Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and customer satisfaction for multi-functional food service areas to ensure account retention and positive public relations
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards
- Utilizes Sodexo resources and programs to ensure operating standards and regulatory requirements are met and employees have the necessary equipment and inventory
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate in order drive a high-level of employee engagement
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.