Sodexo is currently seeking a Human Resource Manager 2 to join our team for this position based out of Straub Clinic and Hospital in Honolulu, Hawaii. This unit has approximately 160 Sodexo, hourly paid union employees with a mix of environmental services, patient transportation, and food service staff.
The Human Resource Manager 2 will report to our General Manager and will be responsible for working closely with the on-site managers to ensure compliance with collective bargaining agreements as well as Sodexo human resource policy and procedures and other human resource needs. This position will be responsible for all Sodexo required HR reporting, will oversee Family Medical Leave Act and Leave of Absence tracking as well as payroll, vacation and sick leave tracking. This position will be responsible for addressing all Sodexo employee relations situations, and will interact with the Straub Clinic and Hospital Human Resource team as necessary. The Human Resource Manager will oversee unit level recruitment and will lead all annually required Sodexo HR training programs including New Employee Onboarding as well as other human resource initiatives for the unit.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
Straub Clinic & Hospital is a fully integrated nonprofit health care system with a 159-bed hospital in Honolulu, a network of neighborhood clinics and a visiting specialist program that reaches throughout the state of Hawai‘i. Straub is home to the Pacific Region’s only multi-disciplinary burn treatment center. The hospital consistently brings new technologies and innovative medical practices to Hawai‘i, such as minimally invasive cardiac surgery and total joint replacement. Straub is an affiliate of Hawai’i Pacific Health, the state’s largest health care provider. #LI
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Handles human resource functions and administration for single unit/account. May include payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, recruiting, safety, etc. Position focuses on hourly workforce.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR plans, programs & policies. Education managers and employees on policies and procedures. Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures. Knowledge of and oversees all Federal, State and Local laws regarding human resources.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues and recommend resolutions, based on policy, as appropriate. Involve those necessary based on incidents; HR People Center, legal, etc. If applicable, management of union employees; understanding of all contract rules/policies and management of arbitration. Involvement of contract negotiations.
- Provide direction to managers and employees on implementation of HR plans, programs, policies, and training. Act as the primary consultant on various HR initiatives.
- Serve as the HR consultant and work with operations to positively impact business.
- Perform due diligence for new business initiatives to determine the appropriate HR plans, programs, process, and tools (including compensation, benefits, leadership, staffing, diversity & inclusion) based on financial and legal exposure.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year of HR experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.