Sodexo Government North America is seeking an experienced Food Service Manager 2 for Fourth Battalion Mess Hall at Parris Island, SC.
Sodexo has partnered with the US Marines to transform their food service into a fresh and exciting culinary program to enhance the lives of Marines and other base personnel. This position will manage a 21 day cycle menu at Parris Island in South Carolina. The Food Service Manager 2 will report to the General Manager and lead the team of 15 union employees; serving up to 1700 meals daily while ensuring quality operations, and providing excellent customer service.
The ideal candidate will have:
Additional Job Responsibilities include:
Working for Sodexo at Government and Agency locations allows you to provide logistical support for combat missions abroad and for day-to-day management during training periods at home. Across America and around the world, our service offering combines facility and food services together as a customer-centric management solution. Today, we are entrusted with a workforce of a quarter million men and women in public service across 150 government sites and agencies. Our teams engage with international alliances and partners to ensure that those we serve have what they need to achieve peak performance.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Provides supervision for multi-functional food service areas at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit through the implementation of Sodexo programs while executing against Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and customer satisfaction for multi-functional food service areas to ensure account retention and positive public relations
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards
- Utilizes Sodexo resources and programs to ensure operating standards and regulatory requirements are met and employees have the necessary equipment and inventory
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate in order drive a high-level of employee engagement
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.