Sodexo is seeking a Food Operations Manager for a new hospital account in Dallas, TX.
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management with benefits including schedules that support work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s rare in the hospitality industry.
In this highly visible role, you will direct, manage and participate in all of the daily food contract operations for their patient dining Cafe, feeding all inpatients and outpatients throughout the day. Responsibilities will include: team management, working with unit financial reporting, HR functions, training, inventory control, scheduling, culinary, direct customer/client interaction and supervision of 6 FT associates.
The successful candidate will have at least 2-3 years food management experience, computer literacy, the ability to engage and develop an hourly staff, positive communication skills as well as a commitment to excellent customer service. Prior culinary experience a must.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.