Sodexo is seeking an experienced Catering Director for one of our premiere universities accounts, at Tulane University located in New Orleans, LA. Reporting structure to the Director of Operations, position will oversee high volume and growing catering operation. The operation services multiple on and off campus venues and has generated annual sales volume of $2.8M. Candidate will also manage the 1834 Faculty Dining Room that serves lunch daily as well as hosts special events. Catering Director will oversee a staff of two managers, an executive chef, and five supervisors. The key skills for a successful candidate are strong client development skills, staff training, food costing, labor tracking, delegation and leadership, food handling adn safety standards. This is a hands on Director role. The ability to delegate and provide strong and positive leadership with our catering team through leading by example are just a few of the traits we are seeking for our next Catering Director.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Catering. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced Catering Director we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who can:
Your success will be measured by your ability to:
The ideal candidate will have the following:
Provides supervision for catering services at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Oversees a highly complex and high volume of catering sales and functions in excess of $1.5M in managed catering volume.
Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through the implementation of services and creation of opportunities for growth. Plans projects, including defining objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo's strategic plan.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in catering, food production, or food service management or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.