SodexoMAGIC (K12) is seeking a Food Service Manager to assist with managing a large food nutrition program for DC Public Schools. This role will oversee several schools within the district, providing excellent client relations and coaching a staff of food service workers while serving breakfast, lunch, catering to students daily. DCPS consists of 103 schools and serves over 50,000 meals per day. The unit has over 450 employees and serves high quality, healthy, and nutritious meals daily in a dynamic environment.
Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a stellar communication skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment. Strong financial and analytical skills mandatory for this position. Experience managing a food service team in an education environment is strongly preferred. Exceptional client relations and team building skills a must!
Connect, Search and Apply all on the go with the Sodexo Jobs App! Available for smart phones and BlackBerry devices Click HERE.
Provides supervision for multi-functional food service areas at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit through the implementation of Sodexo programs while executing against Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and customer satisfaction for multi-functional food service areas to ensure account retention and positive public relations
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards
- Utilizes Sodexo resources and programs to ensure operating standards and regulatory requirements are met and employees have the necessary equipment and inventory
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate in order drive a high-level of employee engagement
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.