Sodexo is seeking a full time Registered Dietitian to join the dynamic Team at the Presence Saint's Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center in Chicago, IL. Position will provide oncology nutrition care ~16-24 hours per week with benefits at the hospital's Cancer Center:
Position will report to the Clinical Nutrition Manager but operate out of the Center for Cancer and Speciality Care. Ideal candidate will:
· Be Registered and Licensed in the state of Illinois.
· Conduct nutrition assessments, provide education and implement interventions in order to improve the patient’s nutrition quality of life
· Monitor and evaluate patient care and outcomes on an ongoing basis
· Document in the medical record using the nutrition care process in ADIME format utilizing IDNT
· Competency in nutrition focused physical examination
· Effectively collaborate and communicate with other members of the patient care team including physicians, nurses, social workers, and speech therapists
· Be an independent worker with excellent time management skills
· Participate in quality and process improvement measures
· Participate in community initiatives as assigned. Ability to speak Spanish preferred in assisting educating patient population, but not required
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition services
-Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 1 year work experience in health care including hospitals, nursing homes, assisted or independent living facilities, long-term care, retirement homes, or clinics + registered dietitian
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.