Country Club, Fine Dining Restaurant, Corporate, Campus background is ideal
Job #76826 - Sodexo is seeking a Retail Food Operations Manager for Seabury in Bloomfield, CT. This is a 300+ Resident Upscale 50 and over Life Care Community. Nestled on more than 66 acres of beautiful Connecticut countryside; this picturesque campus is located between the centers of Bloomfield and West Hartford and is just minutes from the Farmington Valley and downtown Hartford and in the corridor between Boston and New York.
In this role, you interact daily with the Residents to provide amazing customer service and program enhancements for our 5 Star Dining Programs as you lead our dining services team of 50 wait staff, you have hands on oversight of our high quality systems and standards, you maintain our impeccable food safety and sanitation practices, and you development Client and Resident relations. Your project management experience will assist with our future plans for a Grocery Store and Starbucks Café.
Your Skills Checklist for this position;
Formal Retail Management training
Front of House Fine Dining experience
Food Retail Management background
Skills to train and develop 50 wait staff employees
Working knowledge of HACCP, Regulatory Compliance
Computer Skills; Menu Graphics, Food, & Labor systems
Fine dining, food retail and some catering experience
Ability to exceed Client & Resident satisfaction
Residents are the heart of everything we do and we welcome you to join our team.
Sodexo Benefits at a glance; http://bit.ly/12E1uUf
Sodexo - A world leader in Food and Facilities Management Services http://www.sodexousa.com/usen/careers/careers.aspx
Connect, Search and Apply all on the go with the Sodexo Jobs App! Available for smart phones and BlackBerry devices http://m.sodexo.jobs/jobs_app.htm
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.