Are you looking for an outstanding opportunity for career growth?
Currently, Sodexo is seeking an experienced, organized, and detail-oriented Food Production Manager 3 to be the key driver of the culinary process at USMC Camp Pendleton, CA mess hall 2204. Mess Hall 2204 serves an average of 2000 meals per day, 365 days per year.
The Food Production Manager 3 must have successful, large volume food production experience and be a true “foodie” with attention to taste, presentation and customer service. The United Sates Marine Corps has high qaulity level food service expectations and this account will require delivery of exceptional quality food service. Within Government Services, contract compliance is critical; food safety and customer service are high priorities. Extensive safety audits and customer surveys are conducted at each unit on a weekly basis. Sodexo offers innovative and healthy concepts while keeping to a strict profit and loss financial statement.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Food Production Manager 3 will lead the culinary team with planning, organizing and managing daily food production. The Production Manager will be responsible for managing the culinary operations , ordering and weekly inventory, among other assigned tasks.
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a large facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.