Sodexo is seeking a qualified Sous Chef for a position in an acute care hospital in Jersey City, NJ.
The position requires food safety certification, HACCP knowledge, experience in ordering food and supplies, supervision of culinary team, monitoring food production, and strong catering skills.
We are seeking a team player who has excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of sanitation standards.
The Sous Chef reports directly to the Executive Chef.
We are looking for a candidate who will:
- manage the daily food production
- ensure Sodexo culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality
- manage food costing, controls and compliance
- manage inventory
- cover in the executive chef's absence
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train front line employees
- have knowledge of special diets
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced Executive Chef we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food for patient services;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and
- ensure Sodexo Standards are met. The ideal candidate:
- has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- has culinary production experience and a strong background in food safety and sanitation compliance;
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and
- can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS) and Market Connections (MSC), and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
Working for Sodexo:
- Are you ready to start your Sodexo career?
Careers in Healthcare:
Working for Sodexo in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, health-care professionals and caregivers around the world the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo’s unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
- We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
- How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
Not the job for you?
Connect with this recruiter on LinkedIn or Twitter for our Career Connections eNewsletter.
- Please visit the Sodexo Network with Us page and consider signing up
- At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. See more Food Service Management jobs here.