Sodexo is hiring a General Manager of Environmental Services for Rapides Regional Medical Center in Alexandria, Louisiana. This 350 bed acute care hospital is located in a beautiful community in the heart of Louisiana. Alexandria is 2 hours from Shreveport and 3 hours from New Orleans. Charming area and growth opportunity for the successful candidate in the heart of the south!
This General Manager will lead 3 Sodexo Managers and a team of up to 65 frontline employees. Will also have oversight of linen distribution and groundskeeping services and will be a liaison for Valet Service.
Our ideal candidate will have prior operational responsibility for an Environmental Services department with direct manager reports and frontline staff. Exceptional communication, unit financial, interpersonal and technical skills are necessary. Seeking candidates that can drive HCAHPS results to a high level and understand ENGAGE patient satisfaction process. Driving client engagement and patient/employee satisfaction is essential for the success of this role.
Sodexo offers you a competitive salary, paid training, extensive education and continuous learning opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package designed with work-life balance in mind that includes 3 weeks of vacation during the first year of employment.
Do you possess strong leadership skills? Do you enjoy managing people, processes and projects?
If so, then we would love to hear from you!
Check out the area:
Provides local account leadership and strategic direction to the on-site Environmental Service exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service programs. Directs business practices in order to uphold Company mission and values and commitments made in the Sodexo/Client contractual agreement.
- Establishes safe work environment for clients/ customers/staff.
- Executes strategic plan in alignment with the scope of service, Sodexo mission & values within our contractual agreement
- Fully implement and adhere to the Sodexo Clients for Life process
- Provides team leadership and direction by ensuring cohesiveness among the activities of subordinates to achieve planned outcomes.
- Ensures compliance with consistency of application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
- Ensures full administration of and adherence to all regulatory, Sodexo, Client, and Regulatory Human Resource standards and requirements
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
- Develops, administers, and monitors Sodexo and/or Client budget performance. Develops action plans to ensure performance is in accordance with strategic initiatives and client commitments.
- Develops and utilizes performance metrics to assist with problem analysis, and development of action plans and solutions
- Facilitates ongoing effective communications with direct reports, frontline staff, Clients, Customers, and Sodexo Leadership
- Oversees major repairs and renovation projects by identifying and managing vendors/contractors, including bid process, contract compliance and vendor/contractor performance
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.