Sodexo is seeking a Food Operations Manager 2 at Methodist Speicalty and Transplant a 350 bed hospital in San Antonio, TX.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Patient Services. With benefits including schedules that support work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s rare in the hospitality industry.
Methodist Specialty and Transplant (MSTH) which is a 330 bed hospital located in San Antonio, TX. In this highly visible role, you will direct and participate in all of the daily food contract operations for their full-service Cafe, Catering and Patient Meal services currently utilizing "At Your Request" a room service meal program. Responsibilities will include: cash handling/ management, working with unit financial reporting, HR functions, training, inventory control, marketing/signage, catering, direct customer/client interaction and supervision of 45 non-union hourly associates.
The successful candidate will have at least 2-3 years food management experience, computer literacy, the ability to engage and develop an hourly staff, positive communication skills as well as a commitment to excellent customer service.
Do you have:
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.