Sodexo Universities is seeking an Area General Manager to oversee the food service operations for Kansas State University Athletics Division located in the Manhattan, Kansas. The Area General Manager will oversee a very high level of service and creativity for this high volume, premier account. The AGM will report to the District Manager and lead a team of experienced managers including an Operations Manager, Training Table Manager, Catering Managers, Executive Chefs and a Concessions Manager.
The Area General Manager will have full responsibility for concessions operations at all athletic facilities (including a 50K seat football stadium and 12K seat basketball arena, 2K seat baseball stadium), suite and club level catering at a large football venue, special event and athletic/university catering needs, and training tables as contracted at the various facilities throughout the campus and surrounding areas. Full P&L responsibilities, HACCP/Sanitation, cost controls, customer service priorities and client relations/satisfaction are top priorities.
Ideal candidate will have:
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Functions as the in-unit leader for multiple accounts and/or contracts within a defined geography. Single point of contact and/or client liaison in support of a multi-site.
- Monitors operations by planned and unplanned visits to each operating account of the system to plan projects, implement new processes, client interactions, and new technology to ensure sufficient resources.
- Develops business plan and budget w/each account GM that supports the System and District goals – Reviews and analyzes financial statements and data and other financial information to ensure attainment of financial goals for both the client and Sodexo.
- Central Point of Contact for Client Liaison promoting a solid business partnership - assists in contract negotiations for the system.
- Maintains Quality & Company Standards – reviews and maintains reports to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and Sodexo / System Client(s) policies and procedures.
- Responsible for system succession planning/employee development/diversity initiatives/training/constructive counseling. Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
- Provides strategic leadership to the respective units within the system to maintain client satisfaction and retention
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.