Sodexo University Services has a POTENTIAL new opening for a Catering Manager 2 at a brand new location/new build out in the Washington DC area opening in January of 2019. Services offered at this location will include Retail dining, Catering, Micro-market/Coffee Bar. In addition to demonstrated management experience, we are also looking for someone with strong health and wellness background as it is related to food. Must also be up to current trend with technology, apps, self pay POS systems and comfortable with multiple computer programs.
This role will assist in managing 17 - 22 staff and excellent team building experience is a must as well as being strong in client facing situations, and influencing and negotiating skills. You must be great with people!
We are looking for candidates who will:
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.