Sodexo, North America's leading provider of contract management services is seeking an Environmental Services (Housekeeping) General Manager 5 for one of the Nations Top ranked Hospital Stanford University Medical Center in Palo Alto, CA! The scope of this position includes the oversight of staff and staff development for the unit. Stanford University Medical Center includes the leadership of over 300 employees and nearly 3 million square feet in Stanford, CA; just south of the San Francisco, CA area. This position includes a Sign-On Bonus. Relocation assitance is available.
This position will work primarily on Day Shift, but requires the flexibility to cover other time frames/shifts as needed. Ideal candidate will have previous experience in large custodial / housekeeping account, have an understanding of regulatory guidelines and maintain flexibility in work hours and be able to train / mentor/ motivate hourly staff in a union environment. Responsibilities include supervising and scheduling hourly employees while maintaining customer, client and employee engagement and good public relations. This manager will provide direct and indirect oversight for the staff and their development as well as compliance. This position will report to an on-site Sr. Area General Manager.
The ideal candidate for this position will also have strong client/employee relationship-building skills and possess the ability to manage direct reports in multiple locations on the campus, handle multiple priorities, quickly grasp situations and logically progress through solutions, the ability to refine systems ensuring sustained effort of achieving standards, and follow through and visibility within the facility. The ideal candidate will work in cooperation with a full environmental services operational team in areas relating to: daily environmental services operations, improving the patient experience, labor controls, infection control, quality assurance, project management, training, supply management, and implementing the entire Sodexo Unit Operating System.
The candidate must be/do the following:
Sodexo offers a competitive salary, paid training and a comprehensive benefits package including 3 of weeks of vacation.
Provides local account leadership and strategic direction to the on-site Environmental Service exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service programs. Directs business practices in order to uphold Company mission and values and commitments made in the Sodexo/Client contractual agreement.
- Establishes safe work environment for clients/ customers/staff.
- Executes strategic plan in alignment with the scope of service, Sodexo mission & values within our contractual agreement
- Fully implement and adhere to the Sodexo Clients for Life process
- Provides team leadership and direction by ensuring cohesiveness among the activities of subordinates to achieve planned outcomes.
- Ensures compliance with consistency of application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
- Ensures full administration of and adherence to all regulatory, Sodexo, Client, and Regulatory Human Resource standards and requirements
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
- Develops, administers, and monitors Sodexo and/or Client budget performance. Develops action plans to ensure performance is in accordance with strategic initiatives and client commitments.
- Develops and utilizes performance metrics to assist with problem analysis, and development of action plans and solutions
- Facilitates ongoing effective communications with direct reports, frontline staff, Clients, Customers, and Sodexo Leadership
- Oversees major repairs and renovation projects by identifying and managing vendors/contractors, including bid process, contract compliance and vendor/contractor performance
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years of work experience in housekeeping or custodial services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.