Sodexo Healthcare segment has an exciting new opportunity for a General Manager 3 of Environmental Services at Boston Children's Hospital, a 400 pediatric teaching hospital #1 children's hospital in country located in the Longwood Medical and Academic Area of Boston, Massachusetts. One of the largest pediatric medical centers in the United States, with over 3.5 million square feet of cleanable space facility Boston Children's Hospital offers a complete range of health care services for children from birth through 21 years of age. The International Center at Boston Children's Hospital serves patients from more than 100 countries including coordination of visits, medical records, travel, accommodation, and immigration.
The account is comprised of 3 million cleanable square feet. Experience in healthcare is strongly preferred. You will be responsible for successfully coordinating and directing all operations-related activities in our housekeeping department, overseeing a team of 40 employees. Strong leadership and communication skills in the C-suite are a must. You will work directly with clients and Sodexo RVP in all matters relating to contract and account operations in order to establish and maintain a solid and mutually beneficial business relationship that ensures account retention. The ability to be bilingual in speaking Spanish would assist in managing this workforce.
Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated expert knowledge in the following areas:
Proven results in positively impacting HCAHPS and patient satisfaction, superior interpersonal skills and a track record of being highly integrated with the ability to build relationships throughout the organizations they have previously worked at is a must. Must have experience with joint commission inspections and be completely familiar with all regulations governing hospitals, to include biohazard waste and pharmaceutical waste. Also, a proven Sodexo background with our UOS (Unit Operating Systems), TRAKKAR, HUR, FOSS, CARES and demonstrated organized leadership style and drive for result approach to hold all employees and management team members accountable for results on a daily basis is highly desired.
At Sodexo Health Care, patients are the heart of everything we do. Our ability to create a clean, healthy and comfortable environment for hospitals is key to the full patient experience. Do you possess strong leadership skills? Do you have the drive and determination to take this account to the world class level? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
Provides local account leadership and strategic direction to the on-site Environmental Service exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service programs. Directs business practices in order to uphold Company mission and values and commitments made in the Sodexo/Client contractual agreement.
- Establishes safe work environment for clients/ customers/staff.
- Executes strategic plan in alignment with the scope of service, Sodexo mission & values within our contractual agreement
- Fully implement and adhere to the Sodexo Clients for Life process
- Provides team leadership and direction by ensuring cohesiveness among the activities of subordinates to achieve planned outcomes.
- Ensures compliance with consistency of application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
- Ensures full administration of and adherence to all regulatory, Sodexo, Client, and Regulatory Human Resource standards and requirements
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
- Develops, administers, and monitors Sodexo and/or Client budget performance. Develops action plans to ensure performance is in accordance with strategic initiatives and client commitments.
- Develops and utilizes performance metrics to assist with problem analysis, and development of action plans and solutions
- Facilitates ongoing effective communications with direct reports, frontline staff, Clients, Customers, and Sodexo Leadership
- Oversees major repairs and renovation projects by identifying and managing vendors/contractors, including bid process, contract compliance and vendor/contractor performance
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.