Job #77813 - Sodexo is seeking a Dining Room Manager (II) for Longview, an Ithacare Community in Ithaca, NY. This is a 196 Resident Continuing Care Retirement Community with two levels of care; assisted living, and independent living; residents enjoy restaurant style dining in any level! Located in the Finger Lakes region of New York State; right accross the street from Ithaca College. Also in the area are well known vineyards & Cayuga Lake with the nearby city of Ithaca, home to Cornell University.
In this role, you report to the Dining Director, manage front of the house dining venues, working closely with the back of the house team on food quality & standards, food safety and sanitation, employee training, hiring, schedules, resident relations. Position works with employees to continually improve performance and resident satisfaction, managing all dining events with enthusiasm while providing hands-on guidance during resident & client activities for outstanding meal experiences.
Your Skills Checklist for this position:
Some College / Trade School, Servsafe Certified
Front of the house upscale dining and wait staff training experience
Skills to: interview, train, schedule, and develop 35 employees
Computer skills; food & labor management systems
Servsafe Certified and knowledge of HACCP monitors
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks is essential
Exp; retirement community / country club / fine dining is ideal!
The schedule varies with rotating weekends & holidays
Residents are the heart of everything we do, and we welcome you to join our team!
Longview, Ithaca, NY http://www.ithacarelongview.com/
Sodexo Benefits at a glance; http://bit.ly/12E1uUf
Sodexo - A world leader in Food and Facilities Management Services http://www.sodexousa.com/usen/careers/careers.aspx
Connect, Search and Apply all on the go with the Sodexo Jobs App! Available for smart phones and BlackBerry devices http://m.sodexo.jobs/jobs_app.htm
Supervises Executive Dining Room staff and service operations in an Executive Dining Room to ensure an excellent customer experience and client satisfaction. Implements company service and quality standards to achieve the account’s goals while demonstrating the company mission and values. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through the implementation of services and program that exceed client and customer expectations.
Develops and maintains customer relationships to achieve excellent customer and client satisfaction with Executive Dining Room services, staff, and food quality.
- operations in an Executive Dining Room.
- Ensures that employees demonstrate an active customer hospitality and service orientation toward customers and clients and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate company resource when necessary.
-Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources to perform their jobs to meet goals and deadlines and ensures that dining room is clean, neat, and organized and is fully stocked with all needed items, including silverware, condiments and replenishments of product at all times.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards and provides positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate.
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by providing safety-related training and equipment maintenance and by ensuring compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and with standards and procedures for the handling and storage of hazardous materials and/or waste and complies with all government regulations.
- Ensures the quality of operations, including dishware, linens, food and beverage items, and preparing alcoholic beverages to standards, and complying with all client, company and state Food Safety requirements.
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.