Sodexo is currently seeking an experienced Catering Manager for Academy of Art Institute – a college campus in San Francisco, CA with 50 campus buildings across the city, operating 6 Resident Dining locations, 3 food retail venues, all vending and catering for all locations. The Catering Manager 2 will be responsible for the organization and execution of all catering (on and off campus) averaging 5 events a day for catering and conference business - from basic casual catering to high end College Presidential catering events. Will be responsible for coordination all pack ups and scheduling of delivery for multiple events/locations. In addition, will also oversee a small resident dining cafe. Our catering department executes events ranging from drop off lunches to parties for 1400+ guests. Cafe serves on-campus student residents and is open seven days a week. Reports to general manager and supervises cafe supervisor, catering supervisor and delivery supervisor.
The ideal candidate will have:
Sodexo started managing the Dining program at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco in 2004 with just Café Rodin. Today, Academy of Art University Dining Services employs 100 people that serves over 1,100 students on meal plans with a budget of $5 million through 3 residential dining cafes and 3 retail cafes. AAU Dining Services also operates a catering department that help with special events such as the Spring and Fashion Shows as well as numerous events throughout San Francisco. Join the Sodexo team at AAI! Apply today! #LI
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.