Sodexo is seeking a Student Centric Food Service Resident Dining Manager at Samford University - a private university with 5,600 students, in beautiful Homewood, AL.
This position will oversee the Resident Dining Operations at the Caf - with 2,200 students on resident meal plans. The Caf is an all you care to eat facility at Samford. The Caf includes several platforms including Sizzling Salads, the Bulldog Grill, Traditional fare, Simple Servings and a Fresh Baked dessert platform. We are open 7 days per week with continuous service throughout the day. Meal counts typically run approximately 2,800 meals a day - in excess of 19,000 each week. The Caf kitchen, in addition to providing meals for the dining hall supports several retail concepts located around campus. It is a fast paced, team-oriented environment. This Individual will also supervise the Cold Prep and work with Executive Chef on Catering Production. There are many special events in the dining hall which will require working closely with the rest of the management team.
The Caf is a key driver to the financial success of the dining service operation on Campus. The ability to finesse a menu and engineer a labor schedule is essential. Other key competencies of an ideal candidate include:
Provides supervision for multi-functional food service areas at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit through the implementation of Sodexo programs while executing against Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and customer satisfaction for multi-functional food service areas to ensure account retention and positive public relations
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards
- Utilizes Sodexo resources and programs to ensure operating standards and regulatory requirements are met and employees have the necessary equipment and inventory
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate in order drive a high-level of employee engagement
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.