Sodexo is seeking a Catering Manager 2 for University of the Incarnate Word located in San Antonio, TX. The University of the Incarnate Word is a Private Catholic University of 5600 students and located in historical San Antonio just a short distance from the famous Alamo and Riverwalk.
Is this opportunity right for you?
Seeking an experienced Catering Manager for The University of the Incarnate Word. The position requires that you meet and foster strong client relations with Clients, Student and other supporting departments and organization of this campus. Catering services include 40% high level catering. The Catering Manager supports other areas of the operation to include Operations in Concessions, Resident Dining and the Administrative staff.
If you have experience at all service levels from coffee services, served meals, drop-offs to Presidential events and everything in between. Proven ability to plan, coordinate, setup and execute high profile specialty events numerous times during the year. Ability to navigate and network with a broad client base with multi-tasking being key to success in a very visible and hands on environment. Organizational and planning skills as well as experience overseeing events are areas where the candidates need to have a proven track record and can speak to this experience in detail and solid examples. Keen interest of food, trends and unique presentations as well as desire to establish new looks, tastes and flavors in this operation.
Are you the experienced Catering Manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who can:
Your success will be measured by your ability to:
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.