Are you a food production guru looking for a change from the ordinary?
Sodexo, is seeking a talented Food Production Manager 2 for
Central State University is a historically black university located in Wilberforce, Ohio. The unit has one resident dining hall with an estimated 500 plus seats, one Retail operation - World of Wings (WOW Cafe) and Catering.
This manager will have oversight of approx. 20 employees and will have full responsibility to lead, implement and drive all cost controls related to food production including inventory, ordering, adherence to standardized recipes and controlling and minimizing food waste.
The Food Production Manager position is responsible for:
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a medium facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.