Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 2 for the Dining Services at Texas Lutheran University located in Seguin, Texas. This position will manage a culinary team of hourly employees. A strong emphasis will be placed on client and customer engagement and strengthening the catering operations. Supporting the campus mission, ensuring sustainable initiatives, providing quality Resident Dining, Retail, Catering and Conference program operations are extremely important to this client.
The ideal candidate will:
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.