Sodexo Corporate Services is seeking an Food Operations Manager 3 to join our team at the one of our premiere accounts Back Bay Boston! The current food landscape consists of 1 full service cafe, satellite cafe, office coffee, and catering and conference services with a MV of 3.5 million. This position reports to the Area General Manager on site.
The Food Operations Manager 3 will manage the Front of the House with responsibilities to include the supervision of staff with a focus on amazing food for our cafe, and catering and conference services.
The client is creating a beautiful “workplace of the future”, – this role will be responsible for delivering services that match the environment. Our ideal will have a strong catering background, candidate will be innovative, hands on and driven to create memorable catering and café experiences while staying updated on current trends.
The successful candidate will:
This position offers a traditional Business and Industry, predominantly Monday through Friday, schedule. Accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation per year (first year pro-rated based on date of hire). Medical Benefits beginning date of hire, and 401K with company match eligible.
Sound like the opportunity you've been searching for? Apply today to grow with Sodexo, a world leader in Quality of Life Services!
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Assumes General Manager’s (GM) responsibilities and authority in his/her absence
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.