Join a great team where students are at the heart of everything we do!
$3000 sign on bonus available!!
Sodexo is hiring a Catering Manager 2 at Bentley University. Bentley University is a private university focused on business and located in Waltham, Massachusetts. The Catering Manager role is key to managing successful donor events as well as working with campus partners in student engagement events. Our successful candidate will be an expert at finding out what our customers want and exceeding customer expectations. Manager will be active in assisting the setup, execution and break down of events.
The ideal candidate will have:
We are looking for candidates who can:
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.