Sodexo is seeking a Food Operations Manager 1 for Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. Located in Metro-Milwaukee, WI, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin is one of the top children’s hospitals in the nation. Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will join a team of three additional operational leaders, in-unit HRM, Controller, and lead a team of approximately eighteen Sodexo hourly employees.
The Food Operations Manager 1 will lead three P&L retail dining locations with a combined annual revenue budget of $1.5M. In this role, the successful candidate may look forward to:
The ideal candidate for this position will be a hands-on, actively engaged, and collaborative leader that possesses a strong business acumen to meet financial objectives. Patient, family, and customer experience is a point of focus, and engaging our teams to be equally as engaged will be a differentiator. This leader will drive successful operations through ownership of both production and retail systems, so demonstrated experience leading both front and back of house operations is preferred. This position requires strong communication skills, both written and oral, and computer skills to support daily operations [including Microsoft Suite]. P&L and healthcare experience are both pluses.
Come join Sodexo at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin where patients are the heart of everything we do, and kids deserve the best!
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.