Sodexo is looking to hire a qualified Facilities Maintenance Manager in Atlanta, Georgia.
The William Breman Jewish Home's mission is to provide the best possible care to elders in Greater Atlanta while maintaining the dignity of the individual. WBJH does this by providing facilities and services for the elderly and disabled who need long- and short-term physical, psychological and/or social care in a manner consistent with Jewish values; serving as one of the professional resources to the community regarding aging, disabilities and health, and the development of effective care approaches to care and services to the aging and disabled.
The successful candidate will have:
A strong understanding of HVAC, plumbing, and mechanical systems-hands on
The ability to make proper judgment decision regarding equipment
Excellent verbal/written communication skills
Previous experience with vendor and client relations.
CMMS knowledge and use will be helpful.
This position will be responsible for approving, assigning, checking, and closing demand and preventive work orders and the overall plant operations at a 156 bed Continuous Care Retirement Community (Skilled, Assisted Living, and Residential Living). Will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Maintenance Department . Responsible for the following (including but not limited to) quality assurance inspections, safety audits, maintaining and developing client relationships to ensure account retention.
Previous experience supervising Building Maintenance staff in a Senior Living or Hospital environment facility preferred.
Functions at an account/unit providing two or more core services (facilities/engineering, food or custodial). Responsible for managing employees in multi- service areas in a single unit. May assume GM's responsibilities and authority in his/her absence
- Manages operations and monitors department KRI’s and rounding for multiple service areas by fulfilling contractual obligations.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards.
- Probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
- Performs basic HR duties; hiring, counseling, terminations, employee issues, and training.
- Provides positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in facilities (e.g., maintenance, plant operations, engineering services, grounds, custodial/environmental, or transportation) or food (e.g., food services or operations, concessions, retail sales, store operations, or vending)
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.